The CD4017 is a 5-stage divide-by-10 Johnson counter with 10 decoded outputs and a carry out bit. The configuration of the CD4017 permits medium speed operation and assures a hazard free counting sequence. The 10/8 decoded outputs are normally in the logical “0” state and go to the logical “1” state only at their respective time slot. Each decoded output remains high for 1 full clock cycle. The carry-out signal completes a full cycle for every 10/8 clock input cycles and is used as a ripple carry signal to any succeeding stages.
- Wide supply voltage range: 3.0V to 15V
- High noise immunity: 0.45 VDD (typ.)
- Low power Fan out of 2 driving 74L TTL compatibility: or 1 driving 74LS
- Medium speed operation: 5.0 MHz (typ.) with 10V VDD
- Low power: 10 µW (typ.)
- Fully static operation
* Product Images are shown for illustrative purposes only and may differ from actual product.